Old 26-08-2009, 06:37 AM posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Pyrex measuring cup gets hot in microwave!

On Mon 24 Aug 2009 06:55:43a, S Viemeister told us...

Yesterday, I bought an extra two-cup Pyrex measuring jug, as it's a
frequently used size, and I've been known to break them...

Today I used it for melting butter in the microwave - and found the
handle to be quite warm after only a minute. _None_ of my other Pyrex
ware has ever done this. The colour of the glass was a bit greener than
my older stuff, but I have yellowish-, aqua- and blue-tinted Pyrex, none
of which get warm when microwaved.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Actually, no, and I have a fairly wide range of Pyrex and Anchor Hocking
measuring cups.

--
Wayne Boatwright
The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.