Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Bresola

Nonny wrote:

> We were on a cruise and for the first time I encountered Bresola.
> While not a BBQ item, it's like Prosciutto Ham, and is something
> that also has a place on a table. Essentially, it's an air cured
> beef version of prosciutto, served paper thin and eaten either
> around something like a breadstick, cheese spread, melon slice or
> even for more flavoring on a sandwich. Here's a URL I found about
> making it.

The correct name is "bresaola", if you call it "bresola" you make people get
confused with "braciola", as happened to Nick.
I too like breasola a lot, expecially in summer, with some capricciosa salad
(maionnayse with some julienned pickled veggies) and light bread.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza