Posted to alt.food.asian,rec.food.cooking
wjmark wjmark is offline

Default Stinky Dried Fish

There is a dim sum restaurant here in Winnipeg that does a North Chinese
version of dim sum.

Their pot stickers use only pork and lettuce - far different from the normal
versions - jucier and lighter...

AND, in their Har Gow (steamed shrimp dumplings) they use a little dried
fish! Not much of course, but just enough to bring out all the flavours.
Also, they use a mix of tapioca and wheat starches in the dough - a little
softer and a little stickier...

wjmark

my food page is disappearing in a couple of months - please enjoy the
visit...

http://www.geocities.com/wjmarkca/index.htm