Sylvia

Default Question: "What's the thrill of cooking"

Hi, Lia. You and I share another thrill, that of quilting.

If this guy comes back and does participate in the discussion, great.
If not, I can think of worse things to do with one's time than visit
different Usenet groups and get them talking about something they love.

I really like finding new tastes and combinations. I particularly like
trying recipes that seem to have odd combinations of ingredients; often
there is a REASON the combination is rarely used (yuck, IOW) but
sometimes the outcome is delicious. I also like sharing my recipes with
others once I've tested them, and have a small Email list of those who
like seeing my comments on recipes I've tested. (If I don't
particularly like a recipe, I share WHY I didn't like it -- what bothers
me might make it more enjoyable for someone else.)

I love gourmet cooking for others, as well. I get both the benefit of
enjoying good food AND the compliments of others.

--
Sylvia Steiger RN, homeschooling mom since Nov 1995
http://www.SteigerFamily.com