Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
EmmyBlue EmmyBlue is offline

Default I need a little help

Decades ago in Long Beach, CA, a Mex./Amer. landlady used to invite me to
her family dinners. The food, my god, the food was to die for. Her chile
rellenos were so good that I begged her to teach me how to make them, and
she did.

She made a pinto beans and greens dish with bacon and onion that was also a
particular favorite of mine...cooked in a big cast iron skillet. What she
called it sounded like "ka-lee-tees." I have searched the Internet just
using the ingredients, but to no avail.

Does anyone here know what I'm looking for? If not, is there another food
newsgroup that would know?

I thank you for any help.
ev

--