Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlotte L. Blackmer Charlotte L. Blackmer is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:19:53 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:33:28 -0400, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Do you admire this kind of petty nitpicking semantics game? As though there
>>>are no stupid laws. I don't give a fat, selfish, smug suburbanite's ass WHAT
>>>the law is, it is utterly petty and miserably small and uncaring to begrudge
>>>the poor or needy your refuse. And yes you bet I am talking about YOU, sf.

>> It's not a game of semantics and I live in a city not suburbs. It's
>> the law and you know it by this time. If the bins were on my
>> property, they would be trespassing while they steal, but I am forced
>> to put them on the sidewalk for pick up. Bins on the sidewalk doesn't
>> mean it's open season to rummage.
>>
>> Wrap yourself up in the flag and sing *** bi ya, but you won't change
>> my mind. It's stealing. They are stealing from me and the company I
>> have a contract with. Wear your halo with pride - I will happily
>> redirect anyone who wants to pick recyclables out of my bin over to
>> your house.

>i'm telling you, armed guards are the only answer.

Heeeeeeeey, now that's an idea.

sf could be the darling of redstate and freerepublic. She'd get a
lot of attention (positive for a change, LOL) as the brave,
plucky person standing up for "property rights" or whatever in Leftyland
USA and nobody would ask her picky questions about "so, how does having a truck
or two bags and a pole imply that all food, housing, and income needs are
taken care of?". She could bask in the limelight and wallow in the hate.

(She hasn't answered my picky question. I've got enough slush in the soup
kitchen fund to get the standard number of guests over the Bay Bridge if it's
true.)

ObFood: local motion pork chop for dinner tonight, from Clark Summit
Farms in Marin County. The chop was about 2" thick - you don't find that
kind of chop anywhere but a specialty butcher. I brined it - the last
chops I had from this farm were a bit lean and would have benefited from
this - and pan-fried it with some Singapore seasoning from Penzey's. Yum.

Charlotte