Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

> and have placed on PUBLIC PROPERTY, i.e., the sidewalk/curb.
>
> Now if they take the recycling bin along with it ... THAT's stealing.
>
> That's happened to me a couple of times, but in my neighborhood I figure
> it's as likely to be the neighbors. The city is Not Exactly Speedy in
> delivering replacements/new items; once someone pinched my garbage can
> and the city took a full month to deliver the replacement even though I
> live within earshot of the city yard. (Good thing for me that, with
> composting, recycling, and smart purchasing my output is low; trash day
> found me creeping out early to put my one bag in my neighbor's can.)
>
> Let's run this over again with another example:
>
> TV placed out on the curb disappears: NOT STEALING
> TV in the living room disappears: STEALING

I am reminded of an old episode of Trailer Park Boys where they are
stealing from people's yards. Two of them go into people's yards and
take lawn furniture, BBS and other items and move them out to the end of
the driveway. Then another one comes along with a car and trailer and
takes the "garbage". It must be garbage because it was at the end of
the driver. Therefore he is not stealing.