Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlotte L. Blackmer Charlotte L. Blackmer is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:58:17 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:58:20 -0700, Serene Vannoy
>> > wrote:

>>>Charlotte won't tell you this, but she spends significant hours each and
>>>every week, and a significant chunk of her own money, feeding people who
>>>are beyond desperate. She puts her money where her mouth is. I'm proud
>>>to be her neighbor, and awed by the amount of work she does for no
>>>benefit to herself. If she felt high and mighty, and she doesn't, she
>>>would *deserve* to feel that way, because she's a true gem of a person.
>>>

>> All well and good, but she wouldn't be pleased if someone decided to
>> steal from her. What I'm talking about is flat out stealing. If
>> someone wants to paint it with a different brush, that's their
>> problem.

>they're 'stealing' something *you've already thrown away*.

*BING* *BING* *BING*

and have placed on PUBLIC PROPERTY, i.e., the sidewalk/curb.

Now if they take the recycling bin along with it ... THAT's stealing.

That's happened to me a couple of times, but in my neighborhood I figure
it's as likely to be the neighbors. The city is Not Exactly Speedy in
delivering replacements/new items; once someone pinched my garbage can
and the city took a full month to deliver the replacement even though I
live within earshot of the city yard. (Good thing for me that, with
composting, recycling, and smart purchasing my output is low; trash day
found me creeping out early to put my one bag in my neighbor's can.)

Let's run this over again with another example:

TV placed out on the curb disappears: NOT STEALING
TV in the living room disappears: STEALING

ObFood: Locally-produced yogurt (St Benoit for you locals) with peaches.
Awesome.

Charlotte