Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default pizza stone left in the oven question

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:34:09 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Kalmia" > wrote in message

>I don't understand the upper third thing. If you have a pan or stone, the
>radiation would be blocked and at that point, heat is heat. In a gas oven,
>it would make no difference if the heat is properly distributed.

I think it has to do with uneven temps in conventional ovens. Some of
my recipes advise baking pies in the upper third also. And I always
use a drip pan, but I try to keep it small (oven is gas, 30" wide,
Jenn-aire, and they are cranky about air flow.) TTTT, my pies come
out better in my PerfectionAire glass countertop convection cooker.
I credit the results to the convection fan. When this one goes, I'll
probably replace it with something like:

http://www.naturalsolutions1.com/cookers2.htm

Alex