Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:24:27 -0600, Gloria P >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Absolutely. The news over the weekend showed photos of a rather large
>bear in the window of a fur shop in Aspen. The front door had been left
> open for customers, and the bear walked in and browsed. I don't think
>he bought anything.
>
>Bears, raccoons, coyotes, mountain lions are a constant threat in the
>foothills and higher, especially when natural food sources are scarce.
>They'll go after bird feeders, pet food, trash, gardens, and even break
>into cars and houses and raid the refrigerator. Folk with doggy doors
>often report finding raccoons at the dog or cat food bowls in their
>kitchens. In our neighborhood ducks, cats and small dogs allowed to
>roam (stoopid owners) are at the mercy of foxes, coyotes, and great
>horned owls. It's not smart to fool around with Mother Nature.

I just read an article about some dumb*ss woman in Ouray CO who had
made a habit of feeding bears, skunks, elk, etc. and was finally
killed by a 400 lb. bear. She referred to them as "my pets, my
babies." Jaysus! Neighbors were occasionally able to count up to 14
bears on her property at one time. Having lived at altitude and
rurally in CO, I did everything I could *not* to attract critters -
well, except for the tassle eared squirrels. They're a laff riot.

OB: Lunch today was black bean soup at Nieuport 17 - now I have a yen
for making a pot. Now, where did I put that recipe...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"