Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default OT, but it's not stopping anyone else

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:58:20 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:55:51 +0000 (UTC),
>> (Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently in sf's world, having a truck and/or being a granny with a pole
>>> and two bags means that all needs - housing, food, medicine - are provided
>>> for to the extent that trying to make a couple of bucks in a tedious and
>>> dirty way is completely unnecessary.
>>>
>>> It sounds like a nice world to be in. I would certainly like to be able
>>> to direct some of the people I know in that direction. I wonder what
>>> color the sky is on that planet.

>> I'll send them over to scavenge from you so you can feel high and
>> mighty about supporting the little people.
>>

>Charlotte won't tell you this, but she spends significant hours each and
>every week, and a significant chunk of her own money, feeding people who
>are beyond desperate. She puts her money where her mouth is. I'm proud
>to be her neighbor, and awed by the amount of work she does for no
>benefit to herself. If she felt high and mighty, and she doesn't, she
>would *deserve* to feel that way, because she's a true gem of a person.

All well and good, but she wouldn't be pleased if someone decided to
steal from her. What I'm talking about is flat out stealing. If
someone wants to paint it with a different brush, that's their
problem.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.