Posted to alt.food.asian,rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default Stinky Dried Fish

Sqwertz wrote:
> ObFood: Fort the next 2 weeks I had a craving for turtle soup but
> couldn't find any meat. And as much as I shop the Asian markets,
> I've never seen turtles (or their meat) for sale. Maybe it's an
> Eastern US Chinese thing.
>
> -sw

When I was about 8 yrs old, we went on a fishing trip and the
housekeeper went with us. She had something on her line, when she
pulled it out of the water, it was a snapping turtle. She freaked out
and we did everything we could to calm her down. lol We took it home
and had turtle soup. Us southern people eat anything.

Becca