Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Good god, Godello!

DaleW wrote:
Last night was clean out the fridge night. Browned smoked pork chops
then removed, sauteed one leek, added red anf green cabbage, braised
with wine, added the chops back. Plus did some corn off the cob with
thyme. Cooking and drinking wine was the 2007 Vina Godeval Godello.
Hey, I quite like this. Good acids, a Muscadet-ish saline minerality,
peaches and orange zest. Lively, good length. Buy again. B+

As you might recall, I had my first Godello in Barna last month, the '07
Valdesil Valdeorras. In my notes, I wrote "A lot like Muscadet." I've
heard great things about Godeval, but have yet to find a bottle to try.

Mark Lipton