Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Flavor wave oven WAS Today's breakfast

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:29:34 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 08:13:53 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> Chemiker wrote:
>>>
>>> Alex, grinning like a fool! (Which is right.....)
>>>
>>> BTW: I have equine shark-repellent anklets for sale,
>>> subject to stocks on hand.

>> OK. You have to elaborate on this, please?

>that one puzzled me, too.

OK, A. L. Dodgson, AKA Lewis Carroll, wrote Alice in
Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

He was a mathematics teaching fellow at Oxford, and
was particularly interested in language and logic.

FE: There is a story about a man sitting on a gate.
He distinguishes between the thing, the "name" of the
thing, the "appellation" of the thing (what is is called?)
and so forth.

His comments on "much of a muchness" are, in a way,
proto Boolean algebra, a sort of finite mathematics.
Much is a subset of muchness, but neither is quantified,
but only ordinally ranked. This to a child, in a story.

Equine shark-repellent anklets: Alice meets the white
knight, who is more than a bit dotty. His horse wears,
on each leg above the hoof, a spiked anklet. The Knight
admits they were his own invention, to repel sharks. That
they work is evident in the fact that his horse has not
been attacked by a shark since they were installed.
Logically true, but otherwise useless. This in a story to
a child.

The rest you can figure, as this relates to the thread.

Enjoy,

Alex, who is presently out of stock on those anklets.