Posted to alt.food.asian,rec.food.cooking
sqwertz sqwertz is offline

Default Stinky Dried Fish

I finally succumbed to curiosity and bought a couple of those dried,
split fish you see hanging around in the Chinese markets. The
temptation was so great I bought two - and they're not cheap. $12
for one from the refrigerated section wrapped in cellophane (a
croaker of some sort - pretty meaty), and 17 or $18 for one that
unrefrigerated but twice as big. I also got a 6-pack of small,
whole croakers - about 2.5oz each.

Am a correct in assuming that these will be fermented as well, not
just salted and dried?

And of course the age-old question: What the heck do you do with
them? I plan on making stinky salted fish fried rice (with minced
chicken and shredded lettuce), but I can only eat so much of that.

-sw