Bellata Gold Bellata Gold is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post
On Jul 29, 4:17*am, RsH wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:51:36 -0700 (PDT), anthony

wrote:
I've seen some packets of flour labelled 'semolina' but none specify
that they're from durum flour. So does this mean that Australian
'semolina' is in fact often an ersatz product made just from regular
crushed wheat-germ from conventional flour? Some recipes I want to try
to specify genuine durum semolina, a totally different type of wheat
from our normal bread flour. A Google search has turned up one
manufacturer who says their product is from durum, but they're in WA
and shipping to the east coast would be prohibitive.

http://www.bellatagold.com.au/Conten...ntact-Us.seois New
South Wales and not Western Australia...

http://shopping.ninemsn.com.au/price...ellata-gold/it...
to order for shipment to you.

thanks for that .. I'll give it a go.
Hello Anthony, We manufacture Durum wheat Semolina and Flour. The difference being the particle size. Semolina being more coarse. We are 100% Australian Farming Family, ie we grow the durum wheat on family property and have it milled in our family mill. We do not share our facilities with anyone therefore eliminating any chance of contamination. Our grain is stored in aerated silos and therefore can be stored chemical free. We are the only known commercial miller and pasta manufacture in the world that can trace all products back to the paddock they were grown. Please feel free to browse our web page www.bellatagold.com.au or become a fan on Facebook. Nic in our sales team is on 02 6765 5633 should you wish to purchase some product. All the best for your baking.