Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_8_] Joseph Coulter[_8_] is offline

Default Vouvray

2006 Vouvray Lieu dit Les Fosses d'Hareng (Cave de Vouvray)

It was a typically hot and muggy night in N. Florida, Bev decided on a
Greek salad for dinner. I opted for a nice and easy white to go with.
Feta cheese can be a bit strong and indeed I went red the last time we
had it (with a tabouleh) but I was please with this offering. Almost
creamy citrus flavours prevailed. This is a very grapey and slightly
off dry version of Vouvray. Cooled down it is a great summer sipper. I
tend to like my chenin dry, but this one made me realize that there is
wisdom in allowing a little residual sugar to stick around.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com