Ken Blake

Default Sun Drying Experiences?

In ,
> typed:

> "Ken Blake" > wrote:
>> []
>> If you were around twelve in the late 40s, you and I are about
>> the same age. I think I too ate at a Chinese restaurant not

much
>> more often than once in those days, and if I remember right,

it
>> was also on Jerome Avenue, near Fordham Rd.
>>
>> I probably ate nothing but the hot roast turkey sandwich on

white
>> bread, which was ubiquitous in Chinese restaurants in those

days.

> Just had my 69th.

I'm 66. We're a few years apart.

> Probably the same place. There weren't many in da
> North Central Bronx. Didja rollerskate at the Fordham Rink,

too?

Nope. I couldn't (and still can't) skate. Not the kind of thing I
was good at.

> Go
> to Loew's Paradise

Sure. Besides seeing movies there, my high school graduation was
held there.

> or the Windsor Theater?

Where was that? The name doesn't sound familiar?

> Play pool at Fordham Rd &
> Webster Ave?

Nope. I wasn't a pool player. But I bowled at a tiny downstairs
place on the south side of Fordham, a few blacks east of Jerome.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup