Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Had dinner at Outback Steakhouse

Kalmia wrote:
> On Jul 25, 7:49 pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>> We haven't been there in a really long time, decided to head over
>> there after attending the county fair. Shared a blooming onion and I
>> ordered a roasted beef filet with port sauce and mushrooms.

> I've been in an OS once, but not being a beef lover, I found little
> else to choose from. I think there was one shrimp dish on the menu
> and maybe one chicken. I went with a group, no knowing what to
> expect.

I thought there were a number of chicken and shrimp dishes, but
I really didn't pay attention as I was looking for steak. Looked up
the menu, they have a variety of foods, but maybe all menus are not the
same. I had to put in my zip to find the menu for the place I visited.

> I hear that blooming onion is a cardiologist's nightmare, no?

Aside from being an onion, this is not health food. Each one is plenty
for at least 4 people. I think anyone eating one by themselves would
be a Bad Idea. Heh. It's like anything else, too much is too much.

nancy