Posted to alt.food.barbecue
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default What I did yesterday:

"vex" > wrote in message
snip
> I left the brisket wrapped in foil overnight, just sitting on the counter.
> It was still warm and juicy this morning. I sampled it before I cut it
> into smaller pieces to fit in the fridge. I'll probably get out the slicer
> tonight, slice it nice and thin, then vaccum pack it all in individual
> servings to freeze. Except for about a pound of it. That's going into some
> bbq beans.

snip
> --Brett

I wouldn't recommend leaving on the counter as the temp may drop too low. If
you wrap in foil, put it in one of those round/orange igloo coolers, put
some newspaper in bottom to soak up any spillage plus insulate the plastic
on the cooler bottom from warpping then stick in wrapped brisket, then
lightly lay on top enough towels to take up empty air space and your brisket
should stay hot and in a safe holding temp zone.
piedmont