DC.

Default Chinese Sausages

<snip>
> Woah! Camarada, where do you live?

I thought these were sold in most countries, a bit hard to find at times but
it isn't that rare. I expect a French deli or grocery shop would sell that.
French camargue rice is short & plump & is very similar to paella or risotto
rice or even Japanese short grain. I wonder what kind of price mark up the
Japanese put on it. A couple of hundred miles south along the camargue coast
& you be in Spain & i think the first bit of rice growing you'll find will
be in the Ebro delta. I can't remember where but you'll also find rice
growing in Italy which brings me to ask... do you grow short grain plump
rice in America? you've already got long grain & i'm sure it's possible to
find a coastal stretch somewhere suitable for short grain. Over here in
Europe, we only have 1 season a year for rice growing unlike in Asia or
anywhere warmer/tropical where you get 2 yields a year.

> What's "Thai red jasmine rice"?

I suspect it's cargo rice or what we Asians call wild rice. We use to buy
these in 'native' markets or along roadside stalls out in the country. This
seems to be the case from Thailand all the way down to Indonesia & i suspect
Philippines as well Peter. It's a bit tougher & takes a little more water &
time to cook but high in fibre. We use to cook 1/2 long grain + 1/2 red rice
when we were into healthy cooking, but that only made us more hungry! LOL.

DC.