ggull

Default Chinese Sausages

"DC." > wrote ...
> <snip>
> > The sausage in an omelette with green onion and oyster sauce on top
> > and rice underneath is one of my favorite quick meals. I also really
> > like the clay pot dish where lop cheong, chicken thighs, green onions
> > and shiitakes are steamed over rice. Can anyone supply the name of
> > this dish?

> Claypot Rice... aka YaoMeiFan. There are many variations to this & you

just
> make it up to how you like it. It's more a 'home
> cooking' style of dish & you'll find it along street stalls or at home

etc.
> Not really a 'high class' restaurant dish in Asia & West but some
> restaurants might offer it in a special menu etc.

A nice Chinese/Vietnamese (or /Thai?) restaurant across from Boston's
Huntington Theatre offers (or used to) 2 or 3 versions of the Claypot.
Might actually be the "Fragrant Oil Rice" you describe in your next post:
>Oops... made a mistake.... Claypot Rice is called SarPouFan (direct
>translation Sand Pot Rice) & that YaoMeiFan is translated into Oil

Flavoured
>Rice where in a fragrant oil sauce or gravy is sometimes poured in to
>flavour the rice

since it was on the liquid side, with a flavorful stock/broth. It came
pretty quickly (ideal for trying to make the show) so it was probably cooked
ahead of time, maybe had the broth/gravy/whatever added and reheated when
ordered. Quite yummy and made enough for two (with maybe an appetizer or
soup), an inexpensive and quick meal.