Arsenio Oloroso

Default Chinese Sausages

Caught this thread late. Here's a recipe from Mei Leung's "The New
Classic Chinese Cookbook." I sometimes have this dish for breakfast.
Quick, filling and mighty tasty!

CHINESE CHIVES AND SAUSAGES WITH EGGS

The Chinese chives are a grass-like, onion-flavored vegetable. They
come in dark green or yellow. The yellow kind costs at least twice as
much as the dark-green variety. They are not only delicious, but also
have the effect of treating male sterility, according to traditional
Chinese medicine.

PREPARATION OF INGREDIENTS

4 tablespoons oil
3 Chinese sausages: cut each lengthwise, then dice
1 pound Chinese chives: wash; cut off about 2 inches of the whitish
part and discard; cut chives into 1-inch lengths

SAUCE MIXTURE (Mix in bowl)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil

6 large eggs: beat with 1/2 teaspoon salt until foamy (Note: I leave out
the salt)

DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING

1. Heat wok over high heat and swirl in oil. When oil is hot, add
sausages and stir-fry for about 12 minute or until they are lightly
browned. Add chives and stir-fry until they are tender. Add sauce
mixture and stir to mix well.
2. Turn heat to medium. Swirl in egg mixture. Wait until parts of the
egg are set, then scramble eggs with sausages and chives until eggs are
done, but still moist. Serve hot.