Posted to alt.food.barbecue
jj jj is offline

Default WSM or Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:

>While the WSM is sturdy, the main reasons for it's recommendation to newbies
>is its easy learning curve, the absolute ease of maintaining temperature,
>and the long burn time of it's fuel. The Brinkman just can't touch it in
>those categories, which are the highest frustration level for newbies
>wanting to learn bbq.

While I know I have hobbled my ECB by using "skinny wood" I can
definitely see how an unmodified ECB would be a lot of work to do a
multi-hour temperature controlled session.

Man I want to get a WSM next! :-) As is obvious from my other posts
I don't know a lot about making true BBQ but I am a decent griller
<dodges old fruit and stuff thrown this way>

And when I was at the store that fateful day about 18 months ago, I
figured "just $30? what the heck, I can use it as a grill too!"

I like distance between the fire bowl and the upper grill - it's got
to be a doozy of a flare up to get that high when grilling.

jj the barbaQarian