Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_3_] Lou Decruss[_3_] is offline

Default Grilled Flank Steak

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:27:46 -0400, Bob Muncie >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:44:45 -0400, Bob Muncie >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> But seriously, *no* wet wood, chip or otherwise is a good thing for
>>> smoking. If it burns too quickly, add more. But making it wet will only
>>> add to acrid flavors.

>> I've only used wood chips a limited number of times, but I think it
>> says in the instructions to let them soak. The instructions are
>> wrong?
>>

>Yes..

Unfortunately the soaking method is promoted my many people who are
alleged "experts." Including Steve Raichlen. But there's lots of
false information all over the place. Many people even believe
Kingsford is the best brand of charcoal. I've converted quite a few
people to lump over the years and they're all happy.

Lou