Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phil..c Phil..c is offline

Default choice of flours to thicken after cooking

john royce wrote:
> I like to make curries and then thicken them up towards the end of cooking.
> I been told that using cornflour produces a slightly 'gloupy' texture.
> Which leaves using plain flour or self raising flour. Is there any
> significance difference between using these two? Thanks.

I am by now means qualified to truly answer apart from experience .

But Corn flour or rice flour come out and taste better than the
alternatives you offered .

However, with the caveat that I more often than not stuff up with
sauces when using anything other than corn flour . Even then its
hit & miss .