Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Deep fried Oreos

In article
Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> In article >,
> Gloria P > wrote:
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:
> > > It's a gorgeous day here, and in the paper was an ad for a fair
> > > held at a horse park. I had the idea maybe I'd at least get to see
> > > some animals, so what the heck.
> > >
> > > Walking around, what do I see. Since they've been mentioned here so
> > > many times, I had to try the deep fried Oreos. Interesting. Melted
> > > double stuf Oreos in fish n chips-type batter. Who would think that up.
> > > nancy

> > I think it sounds awful. Did you like it?

> They taste a lot like fried brownies; pretty good. Deep fried Oreos are
> sold at the Camden Riversharks home games. The Riversharks are a minor
> league baseball team out of Camden, NJ.

I'll bet fried brownies are delicious!
I've never had one.

If I were to make them, what would I batter it with?

<googles>

Hm. Looks like just a basic flour batter is used to dip them. I think
I'd add a little sugar and vanilla to that.

Speaking of deep fried things, there is one grill in our area (Pats
Place) that serves deep fried dill pickle chips. Dipping sauce of ranch
dressing is served with them.

They are divine. ;-d I introduced my sister and brother in law to that
sin a few years ago. They were dubious at first, but ended up really
liking them. <eg>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.