B.Server

Default Kaffir Lime leaves

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:12:10 -0600, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>I had to trim a few branches back on my tree. I saved the leaves but have
>more than I can use.
>If you can use a few, send me a mailing address and I'll pop a few in the
>mail.
>
>If you care to send me a good recipe I'll add it to my collection. I enjoy
>cooking most any type of Asian dishes so "unusual" or "authentic" ones are
>always welcome.
>
>I'm also looking for a source of fresh Galangal.
>We see it occasionally in the markets here but often it's old or dried out.

If you are in a place where you can grow a kaffir lime, you are in a
place where you can grow your own galangal. If nothing else, a big
(20 gal or so) nursery container will support a healthy crop. I have
one for galangal and turmeric and one for ginger.