Elayne Elayne is offline
Member

Default Suggested Baked Goods for Troops in Afghanistan

I've been requested by my niece who is a medic in Afghanistan for my Banana Bread (BB) that she misses (just a reminder of home - only special to her:-)). I'm concerned that it will spoil en route. Any suggestions for baked goods that won't spoil? Could I freeze the BB and send? It's a quick delivery I hear. I did see a thread with a list of cookies. There were so many cookies, some of which I would question. It appears that anything with milk, butter, eggs, cocoa don't last. What is being requested is home baked goods as they have many rations and store bought preserved items.

Thanks in advance.