Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Theron Theron is offline

Default Air Pot for coffee

"Chuck Olson" > wrote in message

> "Miles Bader" > wrote in message
>> "Chuck Olson" > writes:
>>
>> No, you just push the big button, and a certain amount of liquid comes
>> out of the spout (which is near the top); if you want more, you push the
>> big button again. It really is kinda like operating a pump -- "Pushing"
>> the big button is a sort of smooth stroke, so you can stop pushing at
>> any point and the liquid stops immediately.
>>
>> It works pretty well (well the ones I've used have, anyway; Zojirushi is
>> probably the brand you want, if you're going for high quality).
>>
>> -Miles

> Thanks again, Miles - - I went to the flea market this morning and found 5
> Air Pots of different makes and capacities. I think I even saw the
> Zojirushi that you mentioned - - very interesting. Yes, I understand now
> how they work - -
>
> I appreciate your help,
>
> Chuck

I have used a Zojirushi air pot for years and couldn't live without it. I
grind the beans in the morning, make my day's coffee, and immediately it
goes into the Zojirushi. The coffee stays hot, and most importantly, stays
fresh tasting through the late evening. Now and then I take a swig of
yesterday's coffee while waiting for today's brew to finish. I wouldn't have
any other brand. I"ve had mine for at least ten years and it still works as
ever. It is a bit more expense than competing air pots, but I think well
worth it

Ed