Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving
[email protected] man@privacy.net is offline

Default Homemade peanut butter

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:00:36 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

:On Jun 26, 8:16 pm, Dan Musicant ) wrote:
:
:> I don't subscribe to the maxim that time is money.
:
:You change your mind pretty quick if I asked you everyday to use your
:"free" time to grind me 40 lbs of peanuts for free, or mow my lawn for
:that matter. You be asking me for money for your time pretty quick.
:
:buying peanut butter is the most frugal, it's cheap, and doesn't
:degrade in taste over time (otherwise you wouldn't be making big
:batches)... I think you make you own because you like doing it, which
:is fine
I won't change my mind. I don't believe in wasting my time, that's not
what I said, I just said that I don't like that old saw "time is money,"
that's BS. I've studied economics, I majored in physics. Time is NOT
money, get a grip. And yes, I have worked as a wage earner.

Yeah, I like making my own peanut butter well enough. I've done a lot of
tougher things.

Dan

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net