Posted to alt.food.wine
Dick R. Dick R. is offline

Default Theme dinner parties - Mark, Dale, Larry, all

DaleW wrote:
> On Jun 25, 5:34 pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
>
>>Mark Lipton wrote:

>>>I'd argue that two of her more famous recipes are for Vichyssoise and
>>>Coq au Vin. The latter is certainly a very wine-friendly dish. Nice
>>>idea, BTW!

>>Thanks for the suggestions Mark,
>>My beautiful wife Linda is also a fantastic cook. She does have a penchant for
>>collecting cook books, 1400 at last count. It's always interesting to open an
>>old cookbook from the 1800s and find a hand written recipe for salt pork made in
>>a barrel in the barn or other recipes that are "timeless".
>>We will take your suggestions to heart, and I think this next party is going to
>>be fun!
>>

> Sounds like some nice parties. Apparently Vincent Price was a real
> gourmet.

"A Treasury of Great Recipes" by Mary and Vincent Price was published in 1965
and contains wonderful photos from their worldwide trips, menus from
restaurants, and interesting personal information. The menu from Hotel De La
Poste in Beaune had a wine list that made me salivate. Wines from the 1930s,
1950s and 1960s that are probably just memories now. Cozy up by the fireplace
on a cold winter evening and read a "cook book"? Yes!
> The movie is from the Julia and Julie book, correct?

I think so, and I'm anxious to see the movie.
> I'd agree with the coq au vin idea.

We'll check it out!

Thanks all,
Linda and Dick (AKA Ricardo) :-)