Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger[_7_] The Ranger[_7_] is offline

Default Servers Strike Back -- Cell Phone Usage

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in message
=>Differences in Parenting for Children vs. GRANDchildren<=
> Somehow, her grandchildren didn't seem to merit the same level
> of discipline her kids did.

That's quite simply explained, Madame Squeaks, because I had numerous
discussions with my Sainted Mother(tm) and The Battle-Axe, both fierce
Amazon Warriors with their own children turned Lamb Chops with their
grandchildren.

My Sainted Mother(tm) justified this anti-parenting as advanced learning
mainly due to her increased age and maturity. Little Brother and I knew
growing up how to orchestrate pushing all her buttons so masterfully that
the Magic Spoon of Smiting was often raised before she could assess the
situation. Poppycock and hornswoggal; her ability to review what was going
on around her was legendary and everyone of the neighborhood thugs^Wboys
pulled in our collective horns against her 5'0" Irish Matron's Anger. During
that too-short tenure as spoiler and favorite grandparent, she enjoyed her
new role immensely. If Little Brother and I were inconvenienced, well...
Paybacks are a bitch and best served with a smile.

Unlike my leprechaun-blessed Sainted Mother(tm), The Battle Axe is a
towering Amazon of yore, topping 6'1" and at 68 can still military press
200. She's the matron that ran the school library, boy scout troop, and PTA
because none of the men wanted those tasks. Her son was no walk among the
lilies when growing up and her favored tool of choice was the Deck Shoe of
Truth. No matter where any of her four children were, that shoe could be
whipped off and tossed with unerring accuracy or brought to an offending
daughters' derierre with a loud "POP!" She didn't allow any children to step
a foot off the lines she drew. Along came INMF and suddenly 30 years of
rules were changed and lines of minimal conduct erased. She wishes now, as
she laments often to SWMBO and me, that she'd been less harsh and not as
quick to anger... Personally, I think she's seen Death, as one foot rests
within the grave and the other slips precariously upon a banana peel.

No, your mother's grandkids do not seem to merit the same level of
discipline as her kids.

The Ranger