Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default What is Americas NATIONAL food ?

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:25:46 GMT, blake murphy
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:51:36 +0800, Phil-c wrote:
>
>> Go for it and cite any official source (perhaps sauce) .

>offhand, i'd say the american national food is some variation of Too Much.

Blake, we do agree on the above. Declarative statement: I'm a fairly
light eater. That said, I swear I'm getting some sort of eating
disorder, b/c menus often actually ruin my appetite. I can't tell you
the menus I've gone through trying to find something that suits that
isn't a) pasta or b) salad. I'm not keen on pasta or entree salads,
but often the rest of the menu(s) Is Just Too Much and actually puts
me off. Consequently, I usually order a side salad and an appetizer of
some sort as an entree. Maybe a bowl of soup.

What is also off-putting is when my smallish order is commented upon
by fellow diners and I feel the need to apologize.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch!"

-- W.C. Fields

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"