Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default What is Americas NATIONAL food ?

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> "Phil-c" <invalid@invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> Go for it and cite any official source (perhaps sauce) .

> Here you go http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodfaq4.html
>

> State by state.
>
> Dimitri
>
> South Carolina rice & Frogmore stew. More info here.--see also: Charleston

Heh. I live in what used to be called Frogmore. (Actually, there is still
a small area here known as Frogmore). The cuisine of Charleston leans more
towards French than Gullah/Geechee.

Frogmore Stew consists of a boil of locally made sausages (you may
substitute spanish style chorizo or spicy Italian sausage), corn on the cob,
shrimp, small red potatoes and various herbs and spices. Some folks even
toss in some freshly caught blue crab. You'll need a bucket to toss the
shells and cobs into and plenty of napkins!

Jill