Peter Dy

Default update: thai cooking requests, etc.

"Heather Fair" > wrote in message
[...]
> Also, at your recommendation, I just purchased "The Elegant Taste of

Thai".
> Having only picked it up last night from the book store (had to order it),

> ran to the local market and got all of the ingredients for about 10

recipes.
> I shall be very busy this week! I really like the book for all its
> pictures and discussions on ingredients but I was a bit disappointed that
> the pictures are not referenced (so you're not always sure you are looking
> at the right ones!)

Yeah, for some it is like that. But for the most part, the pics are on the
opposite page.

, the strange layout of the index (titles don't match and
> you can't find any Thai names in the index)

The book has a low-budget feel to it, yes.

, and finally, lack of discussion
> for each dish. I suppose the focus of the book is just different than I
> anticipated.

The recipes are what's good about it! And I think the nice, clear pictures
of the entire completed dish obviates the need for discussion -- you know
what the dish is supposed to look like.

Let us know how it goes!

Peter
[...]