Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default Servers Strike Back -- Cell Phone Usage

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:24:34 -0400, George >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Naw, we are turning into nanny states with feel good laws. The three
>neighboring states have "hands free" laws and ours is supposed to be
>next. But police can already cite you without any additional laws if
>they observe you weaving etc. Should we also have laws that we can't
>change the station on the radio or talk to a vehicle occupant too?

California went hands free last July and it's just ridiculous. The law
seems to be ignored more often than not, AFAICS. I've even seen cops
on their cell phones while driving. I have a new Audi that
incorporates my cell phone into the sound system and I'm more likely
to have a wreck trying to figure out which buttons to push on the
console than if I were using the cell itself. And that's just
*answering* a call. I'd be better off pulling over and parking to
actually make a call.

There's no social ill that can't be made worse by legislation, IMHO.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"