Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Servers Strike Back -- Cell Phone Usage

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> "--> Stu" >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I usually shut my phone off entering a restaurant, just as I do when
>> at a theatre. Nothing worse than being in a nice restaurant having a
>> conversation and some assholes phone rings, and rings, and rings.
>> I'd like to see someone take the offenders phone and drop it in their
>> soup (just once)

> <raising hand> Let me! Let me!
>

>> In the car I have a hands free that slides on my rear view mirror,
>> as the law ( no talking on handheld cell phone) is coming soon ( and
>> no one is ready). This allows me to keep my eyes peeled for fools on
>> their phones wandering in and out of my lane.

> I don't even have mine on in the car. I don't even look at it and I never
> dial out or talk on it unless I'm parked. I've never had to use it due
> to an emergency but that's why I carry it. It does come in handy
> sometimes but never while driving.
>
> Michael

I canceled my cell account and gave the phone to Cells for Soldiers when
I retired in 2007. Don't miss it at all. The landline is going next,
AT&T has screwed me for the last time.

DW still works and has a Jitterbug cell, doesn't cost a lot, isn't used
a lot, and works anywhere in the US. Don't need texting, voice mail,
special ring tones, call forwarding, or any of the other junk that you
have to pay for extra. She basically uses it for emergencies such as
letting me know she will be late for dinner.