Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default OT Cell phone safety (was Servers Strike Back -- Cell Phone Usage

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> elaich wrote:
>> George > wrote in
>> - september.org:
>>
>>> Should we also have laws that we can't
>>> change the station on the radio or talk to a vehicle occupant too?
>>>

>> That is a completely different thing. The brain is capable of
>> multitasking in it's normal environment. We are surrounded by sounds
>> that do not distract us from what we are doing. Most people are able
>> to drive while talking to a passenger, changing the radio, etc.

> Not true, and it's also not true that the hands-free option is safer.

In UK it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving. If it is suspected
that one has been used while driving, then cell phone records will be used
to prove it.

I agree that hands free is must as dangerous but atm it is not illegal here.