Posted to rec.food.cooking
enigma[_2_] enigma[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

blake murphy > wrote in
:

> i'm questioning whether that happens that much anymore. if it
> does, you might request (in the u.s.) an informal individual
> instruction plan.

it certainly does, especially in more rural areas (city/suburban
kids have a few more educational options).
IEPs are worth less than the paper they're written on. it's bad
enough advocating for a developmentally delayed child to get
assistance. trying to get an advanced kid suitable education is like
****ing into the wind. they just don't want to hear it. in most
school districts there's no advanced learning available at ALL until
after 3rd grade, & then it's usually just more workbook type
nonsense.
i have a friend with a going on 6 year old who reads & calculates at
the level of a 17 year old AP student. they let her skip
kindergarten. that's all the accomodation the school will provide. to
say the child is bored silly is an understatement. my friend is
trying to afford a really good private school or tutor so the kid can
work to her real abilities...
lee