Ian Hoare

Default Heavy Soy Sauce

Salut/Hi Rona Yuthasastrakosol,

le/on Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:15:05 -0500, tu disais/you said:-

>"Ian Hoare" > wrote in message
.. .

>> That's neither true for fish sauce or soy sauce. Neither of these need be
>> kept in the fridge.
>>

>While soy sauce does not need to be kept in the fridge, it is a good idea to
>do so--especially if you do not use it frequently.

Don't agree at all. Sorry. My big (1 l.) bottles are kept in the cupboard
above the sink without noticeable change over 6 months >1 year. The plasitc
5 litre containers from which I refill them last 3 years in a cellar.

> My Japanese friends keep their regular soy sauce (daily use stuff) in the cupboard, but their premium
>soys (which are used only for special occasions/dishes) are kept in the
>fridge because they will deteriorate in flavour over time.

I have french friends who keep eggs in the fridge, doesn't make them right.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Sometimes oi just sits and thinks