Dan Logcher

Default Heavy Soy Sauce

Bigbazza wrote:

> "Aria" > wrote in message
>
>>A recipe that I'm making calls for heavy soy sauce or mushroom soy. Does
>>anyone know what that is or a substitute for it? Thanks.

> I buy Mushroom Soy from most of the Asian Food shops here in Sydney..It must
> be generally available..It is a rather more 'Bitter' and stronger version of
> Soy Sauce and has a strong Mushroom flavour....

Speaking of bitter soy.. I've noticed that my soy seems to get old
rather fast. I buy the big bottles of soy for the brand I like, since
they don't sell anything smaller.. but I don't use it fast enough and
it gets a stale taste. Anyone else notice this?

Is there a way to freeze a portion of it or way to store the unused
part?

--
Dan