Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Duwop[_2_] Duwop[_2_] is offline

Default What I learned about smoking brisket over the last year

On Jun 17, 7:56*am, Donald Bones > wrote:
> Okay, so I've done about 1, sometimes 2 briskets a month for about the
> last year or so (I really love brisket). To shorten the story, I've
> mopped, flipped, turned, sprayed with apple juice, and just about
> everything else you could think of. End the end, what kept them moist
> and tender was for me to leave them alone. After a rub the day before,
> they'd smoke for 8 or so hrs, then I'd wrap them in foil for a few more
> hours. Then towel 'em up in the cooler overnight, and in the morning
> there was a nice pool of juice, and they were falling-apart tender. No
> mopping, no injecting, no nothin'. A few times, they reached 205
> degrees, but didn't dry out at all.

Really appreciate the report, am planning to attempt my bi-annual
brisket and was a little at a loss on how to go about it (haven't been
happy yet). Your report, as succinct as it is, told me what's what.
And it happily goes along with my preferred hands off, don't mess with
the meat approach.

Thank you.