Posted to rec.food.cooking
enigma[_2_] enigma[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner. It's what's for breakfast!

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> enigma > wrote:

>> there are *so* many reasons my kid doesn't go to public
>> school. i
>> just can't do that to a bright kid... and my town's elementary
>> school is really awful.

> So where are you sending your kid, or are you home schooling?
> My parents sent us to parochial schools thru the 5th grade. I
> got tortured after that. <g>

he goes to a Montessori school right now. if we move to an area
without a nearby (within 30 miles) Montessori school, he'll be
homeschooled... well, my SO has suggested parochial school, but i
don't think they would appreciate that my son calls bible stories
'myths'.
he hasn't got the temperment to do well in a rigid public school
setting and i won't drug a child into compliance (a fight my SIL is
currently having with her school system). plus i disagree with
you have him in class, you're not much use. once he's out of
school, his time is NOT the school's to fill with busywork. that's
not to say we don't have him practice skills, but he needs time to
be a kid & i need him to have time to do his chores.
lee