Tyler Hopper

Default Direct grilling on a gas grill - question

"Ken" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully, someone can answer this very basic question for me. I have
> several books by Steve Raichlen which describe direct vs. indirect
> grilling. For direct grilling on a gas grill, the one thing that is
> missing for me is whether or not the grill cover should be open or
> closed for direct grilling. What's the deal - is it a simple yes/no,
> or is it more complicated than that?
>
> - Ken in S. Florida

The only good reasons I can think of to have the lid opened at all a

- Help drop the temp when attempting low & slow.

- Whatever you're cooking takes so little time it isn't worth the trouble to
close it.

Anytime the lid is open you're losing convective heat.

_________
ht_redneck