Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] Joseph Littleshoes[_2_] is offline

Default Thanks Dam's

ChattyCathy wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>

>>Good idea Carol, however, in my defense.
>>
>>(and to try out my new sig file
>>
>>The telephone messages were faint, they barely woke me, i could barely
>>hear them, and they cut off after just a few words, garbled and
>>indistinct as they were.
>>
>>The police, 2 of them, "POUNDING" assertively & aggressively if not
>>brutishly on the front door was quite distinct and enough to rouse me
>>from torpidity
>>
>>Especially when, in my bathrobe and slippers i finally opened the door
>>and i could not produce the "elderly relative" immediately on demand!
>> It was actually demanded of me why the elderly relative was not
>>opening the door! My explaining to them that she is 80 years old and
>>asleep at 2 AM in the morning seemed to vaguely appease them but they
>>got a bit arrogant when had i lead them to the back of the house and
>>through the kitchen to Kathleen's bed room.
>>
>>But she assured them of her comfort and tranquility amongst her down
>>comforters and cuddling pussy cats and they were very nice the rest of
>>their stay.
>>--
>>Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

> Maybe I missed something here, JL - but I just can't figure out why
> anybody would wanna call your elderly relative at 1am in the morning in
> the first place, let alone send the cops over to investigate when
> nobody took the calls! Did they think you two lived in another time
> zone or something? What was so darn urgent that it couldn't wait until
> 7 or 8am?

She had some blood tests done at about 4 - 5 pm and when we came home
around 6 i got on the internet till midnight or so and they weren't able
to get through on the phone.

They kept trying because her cumoden levels were critically high. And
finally got through about 1 am, but the calls were very odd.

Even when i tried to call back the number the police had for me i got
some weird phone tree run-around and the police had to contact the
hospital who insisted we rush right to the emergency room.
--
Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!