Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default I love grocery shopping

koko wrote:

> You meet some of the most interesting people in grocery stores.
> I passed a man a couple of times while perusing the aisles in
> Albertson's, I could have sworn he was carrying a didgeridoo.
> Finally in the cooking oil aisle I couldn't stand it any longer and
> asked him if that was a didgeridoo he was carrying. He was surprised
> and impressed that I knew what it was.

Some years ago I saw a comedy routine poking fun at a CD named "The Sound
From Down Under." Here are the parts I recall, though they're probably
distorted because of the time which has passed:

The name makes it sound like a record of farts! The Sound From Down Under?
Why does "Down Under" ALWAYS have to mean Australia? Suppose you were
talking to one of your female friends who said, "We were kissing, and things
were starting to heat up, until I heard The Sound From Down Under. It
totally broke the mood." THAT AIN'T NO CD SHE'S TALKIN' ABOUT!

Suppose you just heard somebody say, "I was in an elevator with a little old
lady, and all of a sudden there was The Smell From Down Under." What would
YOU think was being discussed?

Suppose you saw a book entitled, "Mirrors on the Floor: The View From Down
Under." Would you think it was a book about Australia?

If somebody said, "I've got some secretions from down under," what would you
think he was talking about? Australian honey?

A didgeridoo being played sounds like a grossly prolonged fart from a very
loose asshole, so maybe the record company intended the name to be a joke
all along. (Like the word "didgeridoo" isn't a euphemism for shit anyway.
"Oy, Sheila, I've just extruded a rank didgeridoo! Come and have a look!")

Bob