Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_12_] Nonnymus[_12_] is offline

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> Yeah, little chipotle powder in the air has a dramatic effect too!

I just made up a big batch of my rub. The whole batch was just over 5#,
and that's without any salt. I don't fiddle with salt and pepper in the
rub, since I put them on separately. To mix it, I used a beater from
the kitchen and my DeWalt drill, being very careful to 1) do it outside
and, 2) to wear a painter's respirator to avoid inhaling the dust.

Things went just peachy. I brought the big tub back inside and began
packaging the rub in 4 oz Foodsaver bags, with some 12 oz sizes as well.
I learned long ago that you keep some small bags around for when a
guest asks you "for a little to take home." All went into the freezer,
of course.

Well, about Midnight, I noticed that my face felt like I'd gotten a
little sunburn. By morning, it was burning like I'd gotten a really
good sunburn AND I woke up with the sore throat from Hell. What I'd
failed to do was to shower before going to bed, and the dust that had
been in my hair or on my skin got onto the pillowcase. The bride told me
that the bed had smelled to her like fresh rub when she went to bed and
that she also had a sore throat by morning.

I had my morning shower, and we stripped and washed the bedding. That
seemed to do the trick, but i caution any of you that if you get pretty
vigorous mixing rub or applying it, that you should consider washing it
off your skin or clothes when practical.

--
Nonny
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties

Thomas Jefferson, 1802