Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

On 29-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> In ster.com,
> Brick > typed:
> > On 28-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> >
> >> In ster.com,
> >> Brick > typed:

.. . .

> Yeah, little chipotle powder in the air has a dramatic effect too!
>
> You can make your own chipotle in a smoker if you just have access to red
> ripe jalapenos. Smoke them until they are wrinkly and brownish, or until
> your fire runs out, and then finish them off in a dehydrator, or just in
> the
> hot sun on dry towels or paper towels. If you don't use a dehydrator you
> need to be sure the sun is hot enough to dry them out before they spoil.
>
> MartyB in KC

I hear you Marty, but I just can't get fired up to make my own when I can
get it so cheap on the internet. The stuff I get is really nice and just
$5.50
for a half pound. Since I usually buy three or four spices at a time, the
shipping doesn't hurt me all that much.

--
Brick (http://www.sweetfreedomfarm.com/powders.html)