Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sqwertz[_27_] Sqwertz[_27_] is offline

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

RegForte wrote:
> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>
>> You can make your own chipotle in a smoker if you just have access to red
>> ripe jalapenos. Smoke them until they are wrinkly and brownish, or until
>> your fire runs out, and then finish them off in a dehydrator, or just
>> in the
>> hot sun on dry towels or paper towels. If you don't use a dehydrator you
>> need to be sure the sun is hot enough to dry them out before they spoil.

> Have you found a difference using red japs over green? So far I haven't,
> but I might need to find a better supplier or something.

I know red jalapenos are miles ahead of green ones when they're raw, but I
suspect when you smoke them to death it would be pretty hard to tell.
Technically, they should be red jalapenos IMO. But there's a lot of
confusion out there between the morita, mora, and chipotle chiles.

-sw